Homemade gnocchiJul 12, 2022
If you are feeling adventurous this recipe is a great way to make gnocchi at home. It does take some time but it is worth it.
Freezes well and can be paired with anything.
- 900 gm AGRIA potato
- 300gm Plain flour
- 50gm Egg, whisked
- 15gm flaky sea salt, OR 10 gm normal salt
- 50gm Parmesan powder, or shaved parmesan in small pieces
- Peel and boil your 900gms of agria potato until soft. Strain and let them steam dry for a few minutes to get rid of excess water.
- Mash with masher or a potato crusher if you have one.
- Allow to cool- 10, 15 mins.
- Add flour, salt and parmesan together and mix through so it is all dispersed.
- If you have a mixer add the paddle attachment to it and add the potato.
- Slowly, add the dry mixture and the eggs alternatively.
- DO NOT let it stir for long, only until it is all combined. Mixture should be slightly sticky to touch but hold a ball shape.
- Pop a large pot on to boil with some salt and reduce to a simmer.
- Tip onto a floured bench and roll into 1-2cm round “sausages”.
- Cut your desired shape of gnocchi. I tend to pinch it with two fingers lightly and cut just behind where I have pinched to get a “pillow” looking shape but you can just do long ones as long as they are similar size.
- In batches add to boiling water for TWO MINUTES, or until they float.
- Scoop them out with a holey spoon or sieve and add to a try with some olive or canola oil to coat them. Allow to cool at room temp. There is no need to ice them once they are out of the water.
- Once cool all they need it to be fried off in some yummy butter and add your sauce!